Top Questions Answered About Web Design & Development
Excellent web design and development are paramount when creating a website that attracts visitors, ranks well on search engines, and provides a fantastic user experience (UX).
At Big D Creative, we specialize in creating beautiful, functional websites that best represent our client’s brands. However, we’ve noticed that many people come to us with lots of questions that don’t delve into the critical details of their projects.
We’ve taken the liberty to create this quick Q &A session that gives current and future clients the answers to some of the most burning questions surrounding our work!
1. Are Web Design and Web Development the Same Thing?
Although the two processes go hand-in-hand when building your site, they are two different pieces of your project.
Web design focuses on how your website looks and feels. It ensures your aesthetic appears across every visual aspect of your site. Web design also centers on the usability and layout of your website.
Web development is the process that makes your website work. Our development team will use CSS and other essential coding languages to bring your site to life, so it looks and performs its best.
2. What is Good Web Design?
Great web design focuses on perfecting the UX of your website. This ensures that no matter what size screen a user’s device is (desktop or mobile), your website will always provide a clean, navigable experience that helps them easily take action and engage with your service pages.
3. What Are My Web Developer’s Responsibilities?
As we’ve mentioned, your web developer is responsible for making your site work to peak efficiency.
Some of the responsibilities a web developer employs on a project are:
- Using relevant coding languages to build out the functionality of your site
- Develop, test, and de-bug your site
- Explore its cross-browser and cross-platform performance
- Ensure the website meets modern web standards
- Helping you understand web management best practices and maintenance needs
4. What Do Web Designers Do?
While development focuses on the technical areas of your website, your web designer helps you create the visual elements and flow of the site that bring your brand’s personality to life and get audiences interested,
The average responsibilities of a web designer are:
- Developing a deep understanding of your brand, audience, and marketplace
- Planning, creating, and coding site pages
- Combining text with graphics, sounds, and sometimes videos
- Updating the look of an existing site
- Building a site’s aesthetic from the ground up
- Integrating content management systems (CMS) within the site’s functionality
- Creating responsive pages for an excellent UX
5. How Do I Start the Design and Development Process?
The design and development process starts with your vision of the perfect website. Although it’s possible to create a website through site generators like Wix and Squarespace, you’ll inevitably become hampered in the creative process and find your new site doesn’t meet your expectations.
So, if you want to start the design and development process from the ground up, we suggest doing your research and finding a design and development team that has success with creating websites in your industry.
Before your first meeting with your new team, create an explanation of your expectations, design ideas, desired color schemes, and the purpose of your website.
6. Are HTML and CSS All I Need to Create a Website?
7. Why Does Responsive Web Design Matter?
Responsive web design is the crux of a website that works well across mobile and desktop screens. Every web design project should begin with responsive design in mind.
If you develop a website without responsive design, it may still work on various-sized screens, but visitors will need help with reading and navigating your site. The lack of a pleasant UX leads to quick bounce rates and eventually lost authority across search engines.
8. What is Your Web Development Process?
At Big D Creative, we are here for you, from planning the initial outline of your website to helping you create a maintenance plan after your site’s official launch.
When you work with Big D Creative, you gain the following benefits:
- Consistent communication throughout the process
- Original content creation
- Input opportunities
- A walkthrough of your final product
- Post-launch search engine optimization services
Have More Questions? Get Started On Your Next Project Today with Big D Creative!
We are all ears if you have more questions about web development and design! At Big D Creative, we are a hands-on team that will guide you through the development and design.
We want to help you create the website of your dreams. Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.